Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Trick or Treat Trot

Last weekend I ran in another 5k! It was in Waltham and a part of Run Around Waltham... which I think I want to try to get the jacket next year.

The 5k I ran this past weekend was really good. My goal was to finish under 27:30 and I finished in 25:10!! I also had to stop once to tie my shoe (when I was doing this I totally thought I was giving up my goal). 


Mile 1: 7:45 (real time) (8:00 minutes tying shoes)
Mile 2: 8.10
Mile 3: 8:28
Mile 4 : (27 seconds for .10 miles)

I finished 49th out of 25:10 made the top 5 out of my age group! 

Let me tell you though... the cold symptoms are still not completely gone which makes running rough! Its also dark now before I leave home to go to work and when I get home from work. I have to start running in the morning at the gym but its soooooooooooooo hard to get back in that routine! Especially with the Sox in the World Series. 

SO next week. Restarting workout schedule and working out in the morning on the treadmill... blah.

I think I am going to try to fit in one more 5k in November then maybe one in December for a Santa run if I can find a good one.... I am going to miss running outside and getting some sunshine at the same time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment