Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Race Around Waltham: Piggy's 5K Event

I have only been updating when I have been running races- blah! I need to start writing on here more.  I want to start documenting all my workouts and good recipe ideas again! 

So first the probably last race recap until spring....Spring need to arrive quickly. I want to do another race on Thanksgiving weekend because that just sounds fun to me but I will be in NY with the boyfriend, and unfortunately there are none around him. BUT hopefully I will be able to take some nice runs outside on some new courses. 


Anyway- the last race I ran was part of the Race Around Waltham Series and it was the final of the series to benefit the Paul Logue Charitable Fun to raise money to give back to the members of the community in need. I am definitely doing it next year. I did not know Paul but the atmosphere around the race and the event was very special and moving.  





So many runners!


The Women in front of me here with the white shirt on had a Tufts Womens Healthcare 10K shirt on. I was really really hurting during this race... I had to stop a few times. Anyway... I saw her running next to me and it helped. I thought to myself we finished the Tufts 10K we can finish this!

Ya I Finished the Race! 

They printed out the race results as they came in and also texted the results to you pretty much as soon as you finished!! I loved this!!
I finished the race at 26.09 so I didn't PR but that's okay... just gives me goals for next year! 

After Jon and I went home so he could watch Cuse loose.. jk Jon! :) Although they did... ha-ha their football team isn't that good. BUT they have a really good basketball team. 

Sometimes life calls for just pasta! So that's what I had for dinner. 

Then Jon and I headed over to the charity fund they were having for the foundation the race benefited..... had some drinks and then called it a night! I was in bed by 11:00 ha-ha! SO tired from the day!  

No comments :

Post a Comment