Monday, June 24, 2013

Escape from Reality

Ah the weekends...  How I love you.  One of my favorite songs is Kenny Chesney "Reality". 



My escape from reality is the beach. (OR going to a Bruins or Red Sox game)

This weekend Jon and I's plan was going to be going the Phantom Gourmet Beach BBQ in government center. Well I tend to research EVERYTHING before I purchase/do something so Saturday morning I looked it up on yelp and it had one star! YIKES. I guess its super expensive and you get like nothing for your dollar. Normally I take yelp with a grain of salt because I feel like the people who complain on there are just complainers are were probably super rude to to staff and that's why they have complaints, but is clearly was a sign we shouldn't go. So we opted for the beach instead....

We went to Revere Beach which was actually a good experience! Aside from the stupid teenagers who showed up at the end blasting there music and decided to pretty much sit on top of us. (we moved) I mean its nothing like beautiful Maine beaches but it was fairly easy to get too and free parking and free beach access! So for those deals, its a nice place! 



You could watch the international flights come into Logan... so that was cool!


This mini pizza was only $8.99! I bet you can guess whose side is who...




Anyway... needles to say I did not do a workout on Saturday. By the time we got back from the beach it was time to start cooking dinner to prepare for the Bruins game that  night! BUT Sunday I got a good run in. I was proud because I set the Treadmill to a goal of 3.5 miles even though my plan was go to 4.0. I was just not feeling working out Sunday, but I beat through it and ran 4.0 miles!


Tonight? Power Yoga, then watching the Bruins game. GO Bruins! 

4 comments :

  1. oh my gosh, that beach looks glorious! I'm so insanely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been hesitant about Revere for the beach...but it looks pretty nice :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha I do not blame you! I was hesitant too... but it wasn't that bad, minus the teenagers.

      Delete