Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Moody Street 5K

Last, last weekend I ran the Moody Street 5k. I would totally skip writing about this, because it was forever ago... but its a great  for the city in which I live in.  The course ends along the Charles River, one of my favorite spots to run (duh).

The race was actually kind of cold, but was perfect for running (Garmin says it was 61) I wore a tank and was pretty cold waiting for the race to start but good once I got going.



I love Jon and I bib numbers, I believe this going to be an on going theme. Me? with a relatively low bib number... Jon with an "I just signed up today" bib number.  :) He started his training for the BAA 10k yesterday though so it will be fun getting him training for a bigger race.

Anyway... I got my goal of getting all my miles under 8 minute miles in an 5k (kind of)...  it didn't end up being a PR but I wasn't really going for that anyway.  I was just happy I got all my miles under 8 minutes according to my Garmin. However, according the the race results it was an 8 minute mile pace because I had to tie my shoe in the middle of the race, and I stopped by watch. DARN. So its official that I got my goal in my own books, but not in the books for an official race time. I will get it by the end of this summer.... stupid shoes.

Splits from Garmin

Distance:              3.14 mi
Time:                   24:44
Avg Pace:             7:54 min/mi
Elevation Gain:      74 ft
Calories:               265

Per mile.... 
Mile 1: 7:53
Mile 2: 7:45
Mile 3: 7:55
Mile 4 (.14)  8:20

Official Race Results: 


1 comment :