Monday, March 10, 2014

Newton Hills

This weekends long run was one of the best I have had in a really long time, and dare I even say ever? I am not really sure what got into me.  There are some physical factors that I could add it....

I was wearing my running shoes that I love....and not my pair that are not really good for running! When I bought my first pair I didn't really know what I was doing. Luckily I won a second pair on Fit Foodie Finds from Under Armor that I love. The shoes make the world of a difference!

I was running comm ave.  What motivation! There were so many people running and all different ages... so awesome.  This is part of the Boston Marathon route, and known to be one of the hardest parts and hardest marathons. I ran the Newton Hills to Boston College. When I started running I noticed that people volunteer their time to had out water, and sports drinks to runners training for their races. Like how awesome is that? This is the group that was doing it. Anyway... Thank you!! It saved me when I thought I couldn't go any further!!

My running path was pretty much clear.... no side walks really needed for Comm Ave. Its a one way street that goes along with comm ave.

I ate before I ran, like woke up 2 hours early just to eat! I had a 1/2 whole wheat bagel, low fat cream cheese and banana. I think it really helped!! I think equally as important to what you eat before a run is when you eat, I think that was one of my problems.




Also It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO nice out on Saturday.  Almost perfect running conditions. My Garmin says it was 46 and sunny, yeah perfection.


Newton Hills.




The Stats.


Mile 1: 9:02
Mile 2: 8:11 * I saw this after mile 2 and was like crap! That was fast! I was worried I wasted a lot of energy 
Mile 3: 8:28 
Mile 4: 8:39 
Mile 5: 8:19
Mile 6: 8:38 
Mile 7: 9:16 *Side stitch returns. I feel like this is going to be my "hit the wall mile". 
Mile 8: 8:30 
Mile 9: 8:47 
Mile 10: 8:50
Mile 11(.10): 10:00 

I am not really sure I understand the elevation charts but here it is.. Elevation gain: 428ft



So yeah, a lot better then I have been doing! This Saturday I have a 10k. I hope to get a personal record. This weekend I set a PR for 10k my running it in 53.12. I been hoping to break the 55 mark for awhile now. I am not sure If I will be able to beat that, but always can try right? I also beat my personal record of a 5K with this run, and ran 5k in 26:09. 

Goals: PR in 10K and get under 26 minutes in a 5K. 

2 comments :

  1. Awesome job Sara! You're going to kick butt on your next races. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alania!! I am looking forward to it!! First race of the season this weekend.

      Delete