Thursday, April 17, 2014

Half Marathon Recovery

The weather around these parts is changing for the better, which I am so excited for. I have been officially of the treadmill for a few weeks now. I have been running on my own outside, running with an running group, its been great!  I am so happy to be on the road again, and not confined to the treadmill during the dark days of winter.

So last week I kept with a pretty good workout routine after running my half marathon. I knew if I took a break like I did after my first 10K it be hard to get going again so I kept at it. I haven’t been waking up early to run before work, but running after work instead. I decided last week I would let myself sleep in a little. BUT other than that I just did what I felt I could, and it felt pretty damn good. 

Monday: Yoga. Which turned out to be one of the harder classes I have done…. I told the instructor after I ran a half the day before and she was like “OMG I AM SO SORRY!” It was all good though. Awesome challenge, and I felt awesome the next day considering I was two days into snore ness after running my first Half Marathon.

Tuesday:  5 Miles with running group. This run I challenged myself a little bit, but didn’t overdo it. Felt good!

Distance: 5 Miles
Time: 46:02
Pace: 9: 11
Calories: 413

Mile 1:   9:04
Mile 2:   8:57
Mile 3    9:45
Mile 4:  8:52
Mile 5:  9:14
Mile 6 (.10):  12:51

Wednesday: 3.61 Mile Run

Distance:             3.61 mi
Time:                    31:04
Avg Pace:            8:37 min/mi
Calories:              299 C

Mile 1: 8:37
Mile 2: 8:16
Mile 3:  8:39
Mile 4 (61): 9:06

I am going to kind of miss this view in my boyfriend and I's new apartment.  Its cute, there are so many people in this park when its nice out. Kids playing on the playground, baseball games, dogs running around! Its good to see everyone in our neighborhood out and about!  


I thought this was a cool shot walking back to my apartment... 


Thursday:  4.50 Miles

Distance: 4.50 mi
Time:  40:29
Avg Pace: 9:00 min/m
Calories:  374

Mile 1:  8:38
Mile 2   8:58
Mile 3:  8:59
Mile 4:  9:10
Mile 5 (.50 miles):  9:92


I actually wore shorts on Thursdays run! Seriously its getting there!


Saturday:  8 ish mile run

I kept stopping during this run, then forgetting to start my watch again. So the pace/how long I really ran is all messed up. I changed the distance from what my garmin said to what Kensie had on her app.  So I am not sure what really happened. Regardless it was beautiful day out and we had an beautiful run outside.  61 degrees and sunny, but it felt a lot warmer than that. I was running in an tank, and I was hot.  SO a long run outside, great weather, and beautiful views is all that really matters! J Kind of reminds you why you love running.

Distance:  8.00 mi
Time:  1:08:22
Avg Pace: 8:34 min/mi
Calories:  594 C

Mile 1:  8:38
Mile 2:  9:14
Mile 3:  9:24
Mile 4:  9:09
Mile 5:  10:01
Mile 6:  10:03
Mile 7:   9:52
Mile 8:   9:20

Some pictures from our wonderful spring run... .





Anyway so the week after my first half was good. It was a bit slower, but I take that as a good thing. The number one thing I want to work on this summer understands my pace.  When I run, I just run, I am not thinking about keeping fuel in the tank for the end of my run. Even when I try I have no idea the difference between my 8:40 pace and my 8:17 pace.  This summer I want to try to understand what my pace feels like when I am “in reserve” and what my pace feels like “giving it all” or long distance “giving it all”. That is my number one goal this summer. 

No comments :

Post a Comment