Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Run to Home Base

When I graduated college my class prophecy was "Sara will wait patently for the Red Sox to win another World Series"... good thing they won two years later! I really wasn't waiting that long.

Anyway, I have had some great moments at Fenway including the Winter Classic and getting to attend a playoff game last year.  When I saw the Red Sox Foundation Run to Home Base run last year, I knew I wanted to run it.. so with some thought, here I am!




I am not to far away from my goal, which is awesome, and I would like to surpass it if possible.  I am getting really excited to run this the more and more I read about it!! Its just going to be an awesome experience going to an amazing cause.

From the website:

The 2014 RUN TO HOME BASE presented by New Balance is a unique and special event that celebrates our military heroes and raises necessary funds for the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program. The Home Base Program is committed to serving the needs of veterans with combat stress and/or traumatic brain injury and their families, but we need your support.
Your support to the Home Base Program will help to ensure that local veterans who served our country receive the clinical treatment they need for combat stress and/or traumatic brain injury, and that their families get the guidance and support they need. The Home Base Program also seeks to advance innovative treatments that hold the most potential for helping veterans with combat stress and/or traumatic brain injury and their families.
Anyway if you want to help out you can do so my donating here.  I am also thinking about holding an fundraiser event, which I have never done before. EEK! I am getting super pumped for this!

Thank you! 

No comments :

Post a Comment