Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sacoooooooooooo!

This past weekend I attended a Saco trip and wow... is that fun!? For those who do not know Saco is a river in New Hampshire and Maine that you can canoe down and camp on various of beaches and campsites. We left at 6:30AM on Saturday and got home around 7:30pm on Sunday... and it was a wonderful way to end the summer!

I made so veggie burgers from Prevention RD... they were so good! I substituted oat flour for whole wheat flour because I did not have oat floar, which later someone who works in food science said I could have just but the oats I had in a food processor or blender to make the flour... genius will do that next time! BUT for my first time making homemade black bean burgers they were not bad!



getting ready...


Life is rough on Saco...










On Sunday I wore that sports swim bra from Athleta! Worked amazing... we actually had to paddle/pull the canoes a bunch on Saturday and I was one that had to so it held up! 

not sure what everyone was looking at here...



Camping... 


Some of the ladies on the trip!




Pretty much how we all felt at the end of the trip..


They do this trip around the same time every year and I am a firm believer its a great way to end the summer... Do you have anyways in which you like to say goodbye to summer?

No comments :

Post a Comment