Monday, August 19, 2013

Silver Scorcher

Ah this weekend was so much fun! This was actually suppose to be one weekend where Jon and I had free of plans but a few weeks ago we decided to go up to NY to see his family and run in the 5K his hometown was holding.... It was a really really fun time.

We didn't leave till after work on Friday so we didn't end up getting to Jon's family house to 11:00....



 BUT we still managed to get up bright and early for the race! I found this sign fun "A-Z" is that really necessary?

 This was a map of the 5K course... there was a 5K and 10K

Part of the 5K you ran through the woods... which I was meh about! Running on the grass really slowed me down but it was probably a good thing because I was going to need an extra push at the end!

We got near the end of the race and I looked down at run keeper and we were at 27 minutes and at mile 2.85... our goal was to complete a 5K in under 30 minutes.... and we just really needed to push ourselves to get there.. 
 



AND.... WE DID IT! Jon and I finished the race in 29 minutes and 28 seconds with and average pace of 9:29... in which we completed our goal of finishing a 5K in under 30 minutes.  

According to Run Keeper these were our splits 

Mile 1: 9:49 
Mile 2: 9:44
Mile 3: 8:56 (I had to idea I had this in me!!)
Mile 4 (.10 miles) 7:32

Jon's brother Joe and his wife Sarah ran the race with us as well!!


After we finished we got to enjoy some pancakes.....



And watch some of the other runners come in. Shortly after we finished our race some of the 10K people started to come in! The first one ran it in 34:21 minutes/seconds... that is unbelievable....


After we got home and showered we headed back the festival... I wish I took pictures of the food because it was so good! They had a lot of good veggie options which I was excited about because last year there was not much for those who do not eat meat. I mean I eat chicken and turkey but post of the pasta samplings were all made with ground beef which I do not eat. BUT this time I had a sample of chicken and greens, tortellini in an oil tomato sauce and some eggplant parm... so so good!

 Jess (Jon's brother) and her Fiance!!

Jon's brother Joe and his wife Sarah... Joe is so serious here!

Best beer ever... and you can not buy it in Massachusetts! How sad!

We got to play with Enzo as well... how cute?


We revisited the festival at night as well... it was fun!

Then on Sunday we made the 4 hour drive back home.... that part is never fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment